Thursday, February 17, 2011

Accomplishments


“How we feel about ourselves, the joy we get from living,
ultimately depends directly on how the mind filters
and interprets everyday experiences. Whether we are
happy depends on inner harmony, not on the controls
we are able to exert over the great forces of the universe.”
– Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

Yesterday, I completed 2 1/2 hours of laundry folding. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, because I watched the Mormon version of Pride and Prejudice and an episode of Doctor Who.

After I finished the laundry, I went to Enrichment night with the young women and Relief Society, where delicious soup and amazing cupcakes were served. The soup came in those really cool bread-bowl things, and I find bread very yummy.. The cupcakes were fantastic mainly because of the frosting on top.... It was soooo good.

Then, I came home and went through my entire wardrobe, getting rid of clothes I don't wear anymore, putting the dirty ones in the laundry, and folding the rest to put in my newly organized drawers. Considering the fact that literally all of my clothes were on the floor next to my dresser, rather than inside it, I'm feeling pretty good. Plus, now can find everything I want to wear.

So, the thing that made me happy was the sense of accomplishment I felt after dealing with two clothing messes that plagued our house. (The food made me pretty happy too.)

What made you happy today?

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you don't mind if I follow you. (I mean follow your blog! I'm not planning on stalking you or anything.)seeing as you don't really know me. (we have a mutual friend who refers to me as Kendra)
    something that made me happy today was reading your blog and going to the library. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I don't mind if you follow me! :) I just need to post more often...

    Going to the library is my favorite. Except I always have a lot of fines.

    ReplyDelete